About the Workshop
The success in any research assignments depends on the strong foundation and clarity on how to proceed with the task. The professional approach to solve the identified problem demands thorough knowledge about the etiquettes and process involved in the research. The proposed one-day workshop focuses on the new entrants to the Doctoral Program and the researchers who are in the preparation of synopsis. The interactive and hands-on sessions planned will be handled by Faculty members, who are experienced researchers and recognized Research Guides for the Doctoral Program.
- Introduction to the registration process and identifying the goals of your Ph.D. program.
- Expectations from the Ph.D. program, and looking beyond the doctoral degree.
- Where do we begin? Is there a specific route? Overview of Ph.D. work
- Introduction to the research process and planning.
- Starting out as a research student – the importance of behavioral issues. How to get support for your Ph.D. program.
- The doctoral journey – How to stay on the track? What do you expect to learn during your Ph.D.?
- Identifying the field of study and Narrowing down to the research problem,
- How to carry out the research. Different types of research. Data gathering. Research design. Research work as a project. Action plan and the timelines.Milestones and final target. Empirical and non-empirical research.
- Literature review, the backbone of research. Different types of literature reviews. How to identify the sources and how to search for specific information. How to develop a critical review report and identify the gaps and exploring for possible deeper study. Types of referencing and styles. Software tools for research work. Towards writing your Synopsis.
- 2000 (Rupees two thousand only) per participant.
- Early Bird Offer: Rs. 1500 (including GST) if registered on or before May 4, 2018
- Last date for Registration is Monday, May 14, 2018
Option I: Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) favour of “Director, SDM Institute for Management Development”, payable at Mysore using the following account number:
SARASWATHIPURAM BRANCH, MYSORE
S/B ACCOUNT NUMBER: 00651450000156
IFSC CODE: HDFC0000065
Beneficiary : SDM Institute for Management Development
Option II: Payment may be made in the form of DD drawn in favour of “Director, SDM Institute for Management Development”, payable at Mysore.