Dr. M. Sriram, MBA, FCMA, M.Com, MPhil, Ph D
Assistant Professor - Finance
A commerce graduate from Government Arts College, Coimbatore. He did his post graduation in Management from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore specialising in Finance and Marketing. Currently, he is a Fellow Member of ‘The Institute of Cost Accountants of India’, Kolkata. He has fourteen years of PG teaching experience and five years of research experience. His doctoral thesis was in the area of corporate finance with special reference to stock splits in India. He has written many articles and research papers in peer reviewed journals in the areas of corporate finance and financial markets. He has also attended training programmes in leading management schools like IIMK, TAPMI, Institute of Management, Nirma University and ABV-IIITM, Gwalior. He has also visited Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education, North East Lincolnshire, United Kingdom on a faculty/student exchange programme.
- Parasuraman, N. R. & Sriram, M. [Editors]. (2016). 5th International conference on Emerging Trends in Finance, Accounting and Banking. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN:978-93-83302-16-1].
- Parasuraman N. R., Venkatraja B., Jagadeesh R. and Sriram, M. (2015) (Editors). Special issue of Select papers of International Conference on Global Economic Growth and Sustainability, Annamalai International Journal of Business Studies and Research. November, Vol 7, Issue 2. ISSN (print): 0975-749X.
- Sriram, M. (2016). Empirical Evidence of Market Reaction to Stock Splits. Contemporary Research in Management – Vol. V. by Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta [Compilers]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN: 978-93-83302-15-4].
- Sriram, M. (2015). Accounting issues for an entrepreneur. Cases in Management- Vol IV. N.R. Parasuraman, Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta and G.Srilakshminarayana. [Editors]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN:978-93-83302-14-7]
- Sriram M. (2015). Forecasting short term USD / INR exchange rate – ARMA approach. Contemporary research in management – Vol. IV by Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta [Compilers]. Mysore: SDM RCMS. [ISBN: 978-93-83302-08-6].
- Venkataraja, B & Sriram M. (2015). A casual nexus between FDI and economic growth of India: an empirical study. Contemporary research in management – Vol. IV by Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta [Compilers]. Mysore: SDM RCMS. [ISBN: 978-93-83302-08-6].
- Venkatraja, B & Sriram, M. (2015). Vulnerability of China’s Economic Growth to the Export Shocks: An Econometric Evidence. The Asian Economic Review, Vol.57 (4), December, pp.17-34.
- Sriram, M. (2015). Dynamic Linkages between BSE Sensex and Crude Oil Price- An Empirical Study in India. International Journal of Information, Business and Management, Vol.7 (4), pp.28-41.
- Sriram, M. (2015). Co-integration of Nifty and NASDAQ composite- an empirical investigation. International Review of Research in Emerging Markets and the Global Economy, Vol. 1, No.2 (ISSN 2311-3200), p.310-322.
- Sriram, M & Venkatraja, B (2014). Modeling and Forecasting GDP of India-ARIMA Model. Asian Journal of Development Matters, Vol. 8(2), December (0973-9629), Pp. 38-49
- Sriram, M & Senthil, M (2013). Market Efficiency and Volatility Spill over in Spot & Futures Currency Market (w.r.t $ and Re), International Journal of Managerial Excellence, Canada, Volume 1, No.3 August Pp.45-53
- Sriram, M. (2016). Voluntary disclosure of financial ratios of CNX Nifty Companies. Management Accountant, Vol.51 (7), ISSN: 0972-3528, July, pp. 60-69.
- Sriram, M (2015). Testing the Relationship between Stock Prices of Cross Listed Firms: A Case Study of Standard Chartered PLC. Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, Vol. 10(2), April-June.
Sriram, M (2014). A Study on Volatility Modelling of BSE Sensex ,International Journal of Banking, Risk and Insurance, Volume 2, Issue 1 Jan-June Pp.32-40
Sriram, M & Prem Anand, N (2014). A Study on Causality between Exchange Rate and BSE Sensex, Prerana, Volume 2, Issue 1 Jan-June 2014 Pp.32-40
Sriram, M & Saleendran, P.T (2013). A Study on Investors’ Opinion on Motives Behind Stock Splits by Companies in India, Abhigyan, Volume XXXI, No.2, July-September.
Sriram, M & Renukadevi, P (2013). Seasonality in the returns- A study of BSE Sensex, International Journal of Financial Management, Volume 3 No.1, Jan-Mar , Pp.60-69
Sriram, M & Senthil, M (2012). Determinants of Dividend Policy in India(with special reference to Nifty), The Journal of Venture Capital & Financial Services, Volume 6, No.1, Jan-June , Pp.46-54
Sriram, M & Senthil, M (2011). Stock Splits in India- Regulation the Need of the hour, ANVESHANA, Volume 1, No.1, January-June . Pp.59-63.
Sriram, M & Senthil, M (2010). A Study on Factors Influencing Stock Split Decisions-Evidence from India, NSHM Journal of Management and Research ApplicationsVolume 2, June issue. Pp-1-10
Sriram, M & Senthil, M (2009). Effect of Stock splits on Price, Returns and Volume of trade-Evidence from India, Journal for Managerial Finance and Research, Volume 1, No.2, June-December 2009. Pp-363-373
Sriram, M & Balachandran, V (2006). Economic Value Added (EVA): A case study of Lakshmi Machine Works Ltd., Coimbatore, Management and Accounting(ICAI) Research-The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Volume 8, No.1-2 & 3-4, Jan 2004 –Jun .Pp-113-123
Sriram, M & Shankar, N(2006). Factors determining Capital Structure- A case study of Revathi Equipments Ltd. The Management Accountant, July,2006, Pp 536-540
Sriram, M & Balachandran, V (2005). Edward Altman Z score model predicting corporate solvency, SMART Journal of Business Management, Volume I, No.2, July-December, 2005 Pp 47-51.
Publication in Current Taxcom news
- Sriram, M (2007). Capital Account Convertibility-Benefits and Issues, Organisational Management, Volume.XXII.NO.4, Jan-Mar, PP 15-16
- Sriram, M & Balachandran, V (2006). Banking Sector in India-Challenges and Opportunities, Current Taxcom News, Volume No.30, Part I, Issue no.21, 12th November, 2006.
- Sriram, M & Balachandran, V (2006). Depositories- Problems and Issues, Current Taxcom News, Volume No.14, Part I, Issue no.21, 12 July,2006.
- Sriram, M & Balachandran, V (2005). Corporate Social Responsibility for Enhancing Shareholders Value, Current Taxcom News, Volume No.30, Part I, Issue no.24, December ,2005.
- Sriram, M & Balachandran, V (2005). Commodities Market, Current Taxcom News, Volume No.30, Part I, Issue no.21, 12 November,2005.
- Sriram, M & Balachandran, V (2005). Cash Transaction Tax, Current Taxcom News, Volume No.20, Part I, Issue no.12, May,2005.
- Sriram, M & Balachandran, V (2004). Securities Transaction Tax, Current Taxcom News, Volume No.30, Part I, Issue no.19, October,2004..
- Sriram, M (2004). Emerging Trends in Capital Market, Organisational Management, Vol. XIX No.4, Jan - March, 2004, p.25-28.
- Sriram, M. & Venkatraja, B. (2016). Do Flow of FDI and Stock Index Movements Corroborate Long Term Relationship? An Empirical Analysis of India. UGC Sponsored 7th International Conference on 'Leveraging Investment, Infrastructure and Intellectual Capital for Economic Development'; Coimbatore, 15-16 December, 19 p.
- Sriram, M (2014). Cointegration of Nifty and NASDAQ Composite - An Empirical Investigation. Third International Conference on Global Business, Economics, Finance and Social Sciences, SDMIMD and J A Alpha, Mumbai, December 19-21.
- Sriram, M, Visalakshi & Navarasu (2013). Presented a paper on Impact of Macroeconomic variables on currency volatility” in an ‘International Conference on Sustainable Inclusive Growth in the Global Scenario’ at Adaikalamatha Institute of Management Studies, Vallam,Thanjavur 28 September, 2013
- Sriram, M & Senthil, M (2011). Presented a paper on Impact of buyback of shares on Price,Returns and Volume of Trade-A case study of Lakshmi Machine Works Ltd. Coimbatore at an International Conference on Business Mosaic at Alagappa Institute of Management, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, 24-26 March 2011.
- Sriram, M & Senthil, M (2010). Presented a paper on ‘Factors Determining Issue of Bonus Shares- A Study of select Indian Companies at International Conference on Emerging Financial Markets at PSG International Centre of Finance, PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore, 4 & 5 January 2010.
- Sriram, M, Visalakshi & Navarasu (2013). Presented a paper on Volatility Modelling of Exchange Rate of Indian Rupee Vs U.S Dollar at a National Conference on “IT and Management: Innovations and Inventions-Global Perspective” at Anekant Institute of Management Studies, Baramati, Pune 24-26 October,2013.
- Sriram, M & Senthil, M (2011). Presented a paper on Corporate Restructuring- A Strategic Tool to Achieve Competitive Advantage at a National Conference on From Best Practices to Next Practices at Srinivas Institute of Management Studies, Mangalore on 8 April 2011.
- Sriram, M (2004). Presented a paper on 'Economic Value Added' at National Conference on Computational Finance at Karunya Institute of Technology (Deemed University), Coimbatore, 26 March 2004.