Research Interest / Consulting Area
Multi-Criteria Decision Making, Behavioral Decision Making, Analytics, Strategic Alliances, Innovation
Production Planning and Control Systems
Decision Modeling & Optimization
IT Risk Management
Positions held / Associated with
Assistant Professor, T A Pai Management Institute Manipal
Academic Associate, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Lecturer, Shri G S Institute of Technology and Science (SGSITS), Indore
Also teaches/taught at
Jaipuria Institute of Management Jaipur
Institute of Petroleum Management Gandhinagar
International Institute of Professional Studies (IIPS), Devi Ahilya University Indore
|Ram Kumar Dhurkari, B.Sc. (Mathematics), MCA, Ph.D
He is a fellow of Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode in the area of Information Technology and Systems Management. His thesis is about development and implementation of a new and better method for multi-criteria decision making. Prior to this, he holds a Master’s degree in computer application from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University Bhopal and Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) from Devi Ahilya University Indore. Before joining doctoral program at IIM Kozhikode, he worked as academic associate at Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad and as a Lecturer at SGSITS Indore. During his doctoral program, he also worked for 16 months as Assistant Professor at T A Pai Management Institute Manipal (an AACSB accredited institution). He (with Krishnadas N. and Supriya N.) won WIPRO earthian award (college category) in the year 2011-12 by proposing the idea of green computer center. He was also selected for and attended prestigious Decision Science Institute’s doctoral consortium in the year 2013.
- Dhurkari, R.K., Krishnadas, N. (2011). City Bus Services of Indore. case study published In Shrivastava, S. and Jhajharia, P. (Eds.), Cases in Management pp. 348-365, Prentice Hall of India.
- Dhurkari, R.K., Nandakumar, M.K. (2015). Measures of Complementarity and Compatibility in Strategic Alliances for Innovation: A Review of Literature. The International Technology Management Review, Vol 5, Issue 4, pp. 182-201.
International Conference Proceedings
- Dhurkari, R.K., Swain, A.K. (2015). An experiment on the effectiveness of AHP for informed decision-making”. International Conference on Business & Economic Development (ICBED)-2015, New York, U.S.A, The Business and Management review, Vol. 6, Number 2, pp.305, 2015.
- Dhurkari, R.K., Swain, A.K. (2015). An Alternative Preference Elicitation Procedure in Predicting Choice. Published in the proceedings of 4th IIMA International Conference on Advanced Data Analysis, Business Analytics and Intelligence during 11-12 April 2015 at Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
- Dhurkari, R.K., Swain, A.K. (2014). A New Method to Support Informed Managerial Decisions in Salespeople Performance Evaluation. Published in the proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence during 18-20 Dec 2014 at Indian Institute of Sciences Bangalore.
- Dhurkari, R.K., Swain, A.K. (2013). MCGL: A new method for modelling the choice behavior of the decision maker. Published in the proceedings of Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) 44th annual meeting at Baltimore, USA.
- Dhurkari, R.K., Swain, A.K. (2011). Multi Attribute Gain Loss- A new method for reference dependent multi-attribute ranking and selection. Published in the proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Modeling, Optimization and Computing held during 5-7 Dec 2011 at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India.
International Conference Presentations
- Multi Criteria Gain Loss: A new reference dependent method for Ranking and Selection. Presented at 5th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education (CERE) held during 9-12 May 2013 at Indian Institute of Management Indore, India.
- Vehicle Routing and Capacity Planning: A three phased approach, Poster Presentation in International Conference on Information Technology, Systems and Management held during 17-18 Dec 2011 at Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India.
Workshops/Training Programs Attended
- Staff Development Program “Development of Basic Teaching Competencies” conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research Bhopal in SGSITS Indore during 07-11 Feb 2005.
- One day workshop on “Cyber Security and Risk Mitigation Frameworks” at National Institute of Technology Surathkal 30 September 2015