||Research Interest / Consulting Area
Strategic Management, Leadership, Human Resource Management, Performance Management
Production Planning and Control, Strategic Leadership, Automobile/Aeronautical Engineering
Strategic Management, Leadership , Human Resource Management
Performance Management and Talent Management.
Positions Held / Associated With
Program In-Charge-Technical Staff Course (Army), DIAT, Pune
Commanded Indian Army Units in High Altitude, Counter Insurgency Areas. Participated in the Kargil
Operations and at the Siachen Glacier sector. Won Chief of Army Staff Medal for technical innovation on Snow Mobiles.
Aeronautical Engineer - Army Aviation Corps
Also teaches/taught at
Defence institute for Advanced Technology (Deemed University), Pune
Prof. Prasad S.N., BE, ME, PGDM, MDBA, Presently pursuing Ph.D
Associate Professor - OB/HRM & Operations Management & Chairperson - Admissions, Co-ordinator for Institutional accreditations & approvals.
Lt Col (Retd)Prasad SN has over 20 years experience as an officer in the Indian Armed Forces including 8 years as an aeronautical engineer. After completing BE (Mech) from the University of Mysore in 1987, he was commissioned as an officer in the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME) at the Indian Military Academy (IMA, Dehradun) in 1989. He specialised in Aeronautics and was part of Army Aviation Corps from 1993 to 2001 in various field, high altitude and peace locations across India. He completed M E (Automobile Engg) from Pune University in 1998. He has published research papers on Leadership, Armour Materials.
He took part in the combat operations at Kargil, J&K in 1999 and in the Counter Insurgency operations at Udhampursector,J&K in 2004. Lt Col Prasad was awarded the Chief of Army Staff’s Commendation medal on 15 Aug 2002 while Commanding an Army unit in the Siachen Glacier Sector for an innovation on Snow Mobiles which resulted in saving of lives, foreign exchange and enhancement of equipment life. He has command experience at Army units in Desert and Counter Insurgency locations.
From 2005-9, as a senior faculty member at DIAT (DU),Pune, he was responsible for the Technical Staff Course of Army and was involved in the conduct, curriculum design and teaching, till he opted for early retirement from active service in 2009. In 2006, he was awarded for Outstanding Academic Performance in PGDM by SIBM, Pune. He has 9 years of teaching experience in HRM, Leadership, Materials Management, Equipment Life Cycle Management, Logistics. He joined SDMIMD as an Assistant Professor in the area of HR, OB and Leadership in 2009.
Besides the academics, he is involved in learning more about Corporate Strategy, Wealth Management, Classical Studies and Leadership Psychology.
Prof Prasad SN is a trained mentor and evaluator for the USA and European business school accreditation processes and currently is responsible for the Institutional accreditation.
He is responsible for the quality assurance for the institutional processes and is the designated Chief Quality Assurance Officer.
- Prasad S. N. (2016). Space X, the Private Space Launch Business of an Iconic Leader – A Case Study. Cases in Management – Vol. V by N.R. Parasuraman, Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta and G.Srilakshminarayana. [Editors]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN: 978-93-83302-14-7].
- Prasad S.N. (2015). Junior & Mid level leadership: tenacious technology solutions. Cases in Management- Vol IV. N.R. Parasuraman, Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta and G.Srilakshminarayana. [Editors]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN:978-93-83302-14-7]
- Prasad S.N. (2014). Training and Work Motivation: Relevance of Technical Training and Evolving Environmental changes Outside the Organization. Cases in Management - Vol III. N.R. Parasuraman, Mousumi Sengupta, Nilanjan Sengupta and G.S. Lakshminarayana. [Editors]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Research Centre for Management Studies (SDM RCMS), SDMIMD. [ISBN:978-93-83302-05-5]
- Prasad S.N. (2013). Training Effectiveness and Organisational Development Through Technology: Simulator Based Driver Training and Road Safety. Contemporary research in management - Vol II by Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta [Compilers]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Research Centre for Management Studies (SDM RCMS), SDMIMD. [ISBN: 978-81-922146-5-8]
- Prasad, S.N. (2013). Case Study: Labour Unrest at Manesar Plant of Maruti Suzuki in 2012: A Perspective. Cases in Management Vol.1.N. R. Parasuraman, Nilanjan Sengupta, Mousumi Sengupta and G. Srilakshminarayana [Editors]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Research Centre for Management Studies (SDM RCMS), SDMIMD.[ISBN:978-81-922146-3-4]
- Prasad, S.N. (2012). Ernest Shackleton leadership: Indian parallels. Contemporary research in management - Vol I by Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta [Compilers]. Mysore: SDM Institute for Management Development, 2012. 157-170p. [ISBN:978-81-922146-1-0].
- Prasad S.N. (2015). Training of Heavy Vehicle Drivers in India: Challenges. Journal of Exclusive Management Science, Vol.4 (9), September, Online ISSN 2277-5684, Print ISSN 2320-866X.
- Prasad, S.N. Institute of Management Technology (IMT), 2nd International Conference on Management of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMECON - 2011), Nagpur, August 19-20, 2011. Leadership style in transition from small organisation to large organisation: mobility vs stability.