Research Interest / Consulting Area
Marketing of Services, Consumer Behaviour, Customer Service and Satisfaction and B2B Marketing
International Business, Consumer Behaviour, Business Marketing
Managing Services and Sales Management
Positions Held / Associated With
Business Head – Higher Education & Enterprise Learning, HCL Infosystems Ltd.
Commercial Manager, Wipro Ltd
Associate Professor – MATS School of Business, Bangalore
Professor & Head, MBA Program, S B M Jain College of Engineering, Bangalore
R Sugant, BE, MBA
Associate Professor - Marketing
R. Sugant has handled diverse responsibilities during a career spanning over 25 years. Starting his career in sales, he subsequently moved to Logistics and Commercial in Wipro where he spent over 7 years. Over the past 18 years, Mr. Sugant has been in education management and leadership role including that of a franchisee for a leading IT training institute. During his chequered career, he had also spent 4 years in academics –as a Head of the MBA program of a leading educational group in Bangalore.
Prior to joining SDMIMD, he was with HCL Infosystems Ltd. for over 7 years in varied roles, the last being that of National Business Head at HCL Learning, a division of HCL Infosystems Ltd.
His expertise areas include B2B marketing and marketing of services on which he brings in considerable industry experience.
- Gayathri, H., Jayakrishnan, S., Sugant, R & Suresh, M.R., [Editors]. (2016). Second Annual Conference on Emerging Trends in Marketing. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN: 978-93-83302-17-8]
- Suresh, M.R., Sugant, R & Jayakrishnan, S [Editors]. (2015). National Conference on Consumer Behaviour: Contemporary Issues & Emerging Trends. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [978-93-83302-13-0].
- Sugant, R. (2016). Impact of Outcome Quality Dimension on Service Quality of Digital Learning Solutions in Schools. Contemporary Research in Management – Vol. V. by Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta [Compilers]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN: 978-93-83302-15-4].
- Sugant, R (2015). ‘Nandini’ sweets- will it be ‘sweet’ for KMF. Cases in Management- Vol IV. N.R. Parasuraman, Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta and G.Srilakshminarayana. [Editors]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN:978-93-83302-14-7]
- Sugant, R. and Sandhya Anvekar (2016). Impact of Information Dimension on Service Quality of Digital Learning Solutions in Schools. Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research (RIBER), ISSN: 2304-1013 (Online); 2304-1269 (CDROM), Vol.5 (1), pp. 152–167.
- Sugant, R. and Sandhya Anvekar. (2015). “E Learning and Service Quality: A review of frameworks”. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics & Management, Volume 05, Issue 04, April, ISSN: 2250-1673 (print); ISSN: 2249-7307 (on-line), pp 33–38.
- “Giving Wings to 1 Billion Indians” – A case study on ‘Air Deccan’, India’s first low cost airline in “Indian Journal of Marketing”, November 2004
- “E-Learning and Digital Classroom Solutions in Indian Schools – A Study of Types and Variables for Effective Adoption” in “International Journal of Information Systems”, January 2014
- Sugant, R (2014). A Framework for Measuring Service Quality of E-Learning Services. Third International Conference on Global Business, Economics, Finance and Social Sciences, SDMIMD and J A Alpha, Mumbai, December 19-21.
- Sugant, R (2014). “E-Learning and Digital Classroom Solutions in CBSE Schools: A Study of factors that determine the effective knowledge delivery by teachers at secondary level”, presented at the 6th International Conference on “Excellence in Research and Education at Indian Institute of Management, Indore in May.
- Sugant, R (2005). “Management Education: Need for Country Specific Approach”, presented at the 6th Association of Universities of Asia Pacific General Conference at Surabaya, Indonesia in September.