For 15 Months Full-time PGCM program has 90 credits distributed in 4 Terms and has 720 teaching hours including Socially Relevant Project, Study Abroad Program, and, Corporate Immersion Program.
- The 15 Months full-time residential PGCM program comprises of 4 semesters each of duration varying from 10 to 13 weeks.
- The general course contents and curriculum are designed considering the latest development in the business environment and managerial thought and in line with practices in other leading B-Schools the world over.
- All the courses in the first & second terms are compulsory core courses. These courses equip students with basic knowledge in various areas of management.
- The courses in the 3rd and 4th terms are a mix of Core and Specialization elective Courses with an integrated approach. This integrated specialization courses emphasize the multifunctional and strategic dimensions in decision – making, and include courses related to different functional areas as well as general areas.
- The integrated Specialization that comprises salient Courses from the areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resources Management, Operations, and Systems, along with Core in other management areas.
- SDMIMD has built into its curriculum some unique courses and programs that distinguish it from other Institutes, such as Business Ethics, Socially Relevant Project, Study Abroad Program and Corporate Immersion Program.
- The program will end with a 3 months dissertation project to be undertaken by the students from August 2020 to October 2020. The award function for students who complete the program successfully will be held in November 2020.
Term 1 and 2 Courses
PGCM will run over 4 terms during the year. Each term will be of approximately 3 months duration. The Term 1 and Term 2 courses offered for the One-year PGCM during 2019-20 is detailed below. (The list is subject to changes & to be announced during the commencement of the course.)
|Term 1 Courses (Tentative)||Term 2 Courses (Tentative)|
|Financial Accounting & Management Accounting
|Indian Economic & Policy Environment
|Business Data Analysis (3 Credits)||Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
|Marketing Management (2 Credits)||Corporate Finance (2 Credits)|
|Economics (Micro + Macro) (2 Credits)||Market Research Methods (2 Credits)|
|Business Communication (3 Credits)||Social Relevant Project at NGO / Organization (2 Credits)|
|Business Data Analysis (3 Credits)||Operations Management (3 Credits)|
|International Business (2 Credits)||Essentials of Business Analytics (2 Credits)|
|Office Productivity Tools (1 Credits)||Management Information Systems (3 Credits)|
|Human Resources Management (2 Credits)||Business Negotiations Skills (2 Credits)|
In Term 3 and Term 4, students will be offered the opportunity to choose specialization depending upon the number of students opting for the courses. In case the number of those choosing specific streams is low, integrated specialization courses will be offered in Term 3 and Term 4. Rules regarding specializations and elective courses will be announced when students join the program in August 2020.
The integrated specialization courses offered to PGCM 2019-20 Batch during Term III and Term IV are detailed below.
|Term 3 Courses (Tentative)||Term 4 Courses (Tentative)|
|Business Marketing (2 Credits)||Product Management (2 Credits)|
|Workplace Learning & Development (2 Credits)||Digital Marketing (2 Credits)|
|Organization Behaviour (2 Credits)||Recruitment & Selection (2 Credits)|
|Business Analytics in Action (3 Credits)||Compensation Management (2 Credits)|
|Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management (3 Credits)||Advanced Corporate Finance (2 Credits)|
|Project Management (2 Credits)||International Finance (2 Credits)|
|Strategic Management (3 Credits)||Knowledge Seminar (2 Credits)|