Research Interest / Consulting Area
Training and Development, Emotional Intelligence, Performance Management, Team Building and Leadership Skills
OB, HRM, Global HRM, SHRM, Performance Management,
Training and Development, Leadership & Change Management, OD
HOD– MBA Department, SIMS, Coimbatore
Asst. Professor- KPRSB, Coimbatore, Asst. Professor-GIM, Coimbatore & Faculty Member- ICFAI
Also teaches/taught at
ICFAI & LEAD College of Management, Palakkad, Kerala
L Gandhi, M.A., M.B.A., M.Phil., UGC-NET
Assistant Professor - OB/HRM
He holds Post Graduation degrees in Business Management and Cooperative Management. He is a Gold Medallist in his PG Degree. With his M.Phil. degree in Management, he is also qualified in NET conducted by UGC and pursuing his Ph.D. He has around 13 years of MBA teaching experience with ICFAI, GIM, KPRSB and SIMS (2.5 years worked as HOD). He specializes in the HR areas including OB, HRM, Training and Development, Performance Appraisal, Leadership. He was the editor of International Journals; he has also published several contemporary HR articles and papers in national and international journals and magazines. Some of his publications focus on Pink slip management, Education Process Outsourcing (EPO), Reverse mentoring, Non-linear HR, Social Media Recruitment (SMR), and Gen-Y HR. He has also authored a book entitled Performance Measurement and Reward Systems and prepared case studies for ICFAI University. He enthusiastically involved in social projects sponsored by Tamilnadu Corporation for Development of Women (TNCDW) with an objective to uplift Self Help Group (SHG) members; as a resource person, he handled sessions in EDP, MDP for senior and junior level Managers and acting as HR consultant for a few companies. Till date, conducted training sessions to over 800 medical, IT professions and government officials He has also designed and delivered FDPs and designed 360 degree feedback as a Performance Appraisal tool for Teaching Faculty. He also acted as panel member, quiz master and judge for various management competitions.
- Performance Measurement and Reward Systems for ICFAI University, Hyderabad
SIMS International Journal of Management (SIJM): Chief and Managing editor (2013-2016)
KPR International Journal of Management (KPRIJM): KPRIJM Editor (2011-2013)
- Gandhi, L. (2017). People Management nuances of CEO styled PM Narendra Modi and distinctive lessons for business Professionals- A practical approach. Contemporary Research in Management – Vol. VI by Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta [Compilers]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN: 978-93-83302-23-9].
- Gandhi L. (2016). ‘UK Exit of TATA Steel Port Talbot -a triggering point for increased unemployment and HR Challenges’. Cases in Management – Vol. V by N.R. Parasuraman, Mousumi Sengupta and Nilanjan Sengupta and G.Srilakshminarayana. [Editors]. Mysore: Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD). [ISBN: 978-93-83302-14-7].
Gandhi, L. (2017). Human Resource Challenges in VUCA and SMAC Business Environment. ASBM Journal of Management, Vol.X(I), ISSN 0974-8512, (January to June 2017).
Gandhi, L. (2016). Determinants of Best Manager- Lessons from Million Dollar Leaders to Millennial Managers. MANAGEMENT TODAY, Vol.6 (3), July-September, ISSN: 2348-3989 (Online) ISSN: 2230-9764 (Print), pp. 147-151.
- Gandhi, L. (2016). Level of Stress among Engineering And Management Students in Coimbatore City. International Journal of Exclusive Global Research by L. Gandhi and V. Prabakaran, Vol.1 (3), March, pp. 1-14.
- Gandhi, L (2014). Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)- A strategy for employee empowerment, Karpagam Journal of Management(Volume 1, Issue 2 June 2014) 2348-0645
- Gandhi, L (2012). Reverse Mentoring - A Bottom up Approach in Mentoring System, Management Today, Vol. 2, No. 2, April – 2012, GRIET-Hyderabad, p. no 41-46
- Gandhi, L & K. Senthil kumar (2012). GenNext HR Practices to counter business challenges and nurture opportunities, Journal of Management and science (JMS), (June-2012, Vol-I, Issue-IV), Non Olympic Times, 2249-1260
- Gandhi, L & S. Jaya Bharathi. (2012). Competitive Challenges for Gen-Y HR Managers in Manufacturing Industries, Training and Development Journal Vol.3(2), July-December, Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD), 2231-0681
- Gandhi, L (2011). Non-Linear HR Model -growth accelerator for IT companies, HRM Review, IUP Publications, ICFAI University Press, Oct-Dec 2011 0972-5148
- Gandhi, L & C. Vinotha (2011). Education Process Outsourcing- An advantage and avenue for competitive Indian teachers, Training and Development Journal (Volume-2, No 2, July-December 2011), Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD), 2231-0681
- Gandhi, L & H. Ramashesan (2011). Current trends in Social Media Recruitment (SMR) in India, HRM Review IUP Publications, ICFAI University Press, Sep 2011, 0972-5148
- Gandhi, L & K. Senthil Kumar (2010). Is employer branding an influencing factor for accepting an offer? Rai Management Journal, Rai Business School, July 2010, 0975-4326
- Gandhi, L (2010). Appraisal Blues- High performing employee’s cause for concern, GIM Journal of Management Guruvayurappan Institute of Management, June 2010, 0974-0708
- Gandhi, L & K. Senthil Kumar (2010). Pink Slip Management in Employee Life Cycle, HRM Review, IUP Publications, ICFAI University Press, April 2010, 0972-5148 L.
- Gandhi, L & R. Veena (2009). Presenteesim: A camouflaged productivity hamper, HRM Review, IUP Publications, ICFAI University Press, Mar 2009, 0972-5148.
- Gandhi, L. Education Process Outsourcing- An advantage and avenue for competitive Indian teachers. International Conference organized by VIT Business School, Vellore
- Gandhi, L. HR Challenges in the International Conference organized by Ganesh School of Business Management, Salem
- Gandhi, L. GenNext HR practices to meet the competitive challenges in the National conference organized by KCT Business School, Coimbatore
- Gandhi, L (2006). Going Global- Challenges and Opportunities, in the national conference organized by Cauvery College for Women, Trichy, Mar 14 & 15, 2006,
- Gandhi, L (2006). Human Relations Practices… Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow in the national conference organized by Lady Doak College and ICFAI National College, Madurai, Mar 17, 2006
- Gandhi, L (2003). Business Model Innovation in the national conference organized by VLB Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, Mar 18, 2003
- Gandhi, L (2003). Business Quality Assurance in the national conference organized VLB Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, Mar 10, 2003
- Gandhi, Laksham (2017). Rise and fall of YAHOO!-the missteps of the leader and its headwind consequences. GITAM Journal of Management, ISSN: 0972-740X, Vol.15 (1), pp.122-134.
- Gandhi, L, Mantra of star performers “Perform or Perish”, The Himachal Times, A Dehradun Daily newspaper, Dec 26, 2005, 15257/68
- Conducted a training session on Positive behavior for customer satisfaction, Team Building, stress management for Medical staff of Kovai Medical Center and Hospitals, Coimbatore, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore, Ortho One, Coimbatore & Womens Center, Coimbatore
As a Resource person handled a session on HR strategies and cotemporary practices for the new entrepreneurs in “NEW ENTREPRENEUR -CUM-ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT SCHEME (NEEDS)” programme organized by CODISSIA, Coimbatore
Given consultation and conducted a session on HRM in Management Development Program for Senior and Middle level Managers at Kunnath Paper Mills, Palakad
As Resource Person handled a session on Job evaluation and reward systems in the Faculty Development Workshop (FDW) on Performance Measurement and Reward Systems organized by ICFAI Hyderabad
As a Resource Person handled a session in the National Conference at GIM on Indian HR practices
Chief guest for Commerce association function at Nirmala College for women, Coimbatore
Panel member for HR Confluence organized by Defrank at SNR College, Coimbatore
As a Resource Person delivered a lecture for participants of Entrepreneurship Cell at Bannari Institute of Technology (BIT)
Acted as a panel member for HR seminar in GRD Academy of Management
Quiz Master for the National Quiz organized by National Institute of Personnel Management, Coimbatore