About Dr. Sunil M.V
Dr. Sunil M.V. has Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science and Doctoral Degree in the area of Open Source Software from University of Mysore, Mysore.
Dr. Sunil M.V. is associated with SDM Institute for Management Development for the past 18 years as Librarian and Lead the web services. His passion is in the field of Open Source Software and web based services. He conducts courses, workshops and delivered guest lecturers at various Institutions, Universities and at professional associations. He has articles in journal, conference volume, edited book, course materials for distance education and case studies in his area of interest.
As a Librarian, Dr. Sunil lead the organization, management and services aspects of SDMIMD Library. With his passion for Open Source Software(s), he has demonstrate the integration and utilization of Open Source Software (OSS) for library automation, digital library and institutional repository at his library. Introduced and managing the institute website using the Open Source Content Management System – Drupal. He heads the the eLearning initiative team using MOODLE – a Open Source eLearning Product. He championed the planning, devising and functioning of the digital library with integrated approach, the first of its kind in Mysore.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Best Paper Award: The paper “Organizing for digital archiving: a network model at SDMIMD” won the Best Paper Award at MANLIBNET 2005 – 5th National Convention organized by Indian Institute of Management, Kohzikhode (IIMK) during May 5-7, 2005.
- Best Paper Award: The paper "Importance Performance Analysis (IPA) of OSILS Products" published in KELPRO Bulletin, 15(2), December 2011. [ISSN: 0975-4911], won the First Place in the ALL INDIA KELPRO BEST RESEARCH PAPER WARD in 2011.
- Sponsorship from American Library Association (ALA) for the Web Course on Fundamentals of Collection Assessment conducted by Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS), American Library Association (ALA), October 21 – November 29, 2013. USA: ALCTS, ALA.
- Best Paper Award: The paper “Medical Libraries & Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Synergy: a new Teaching-Learning Model” has won the Best Paper Award at National Conference on Management of Modern Libraries (NACML) 2016 on the theme ‘Role of Information Professional in Digital Age organized by Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal University during February 19 & 20, 2016 at Manipal.
Professional Associations Associated
- Life Member and Vice President (2015 to 2017), Secretary (2005 to 2008), Mysore Librarians and Information Scientists Associations (MyLISA), Mysore
- Life Member and General Secretary (2004 to 2009), Public Relation Officer (2009-2013), Mysore University Information and Library Science Alumni Network (MILAN), Department of Library and Information Science, University of Mysore, Mysuru.
- Life Member and Joint Secretary (2013 to 2017), of KALA (Karnataka State Library Association)
- Life Member, Management Library Network (MANLIBNET)
- Life Member, Society for Information Science, New Delhi